I hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to share with you a passage from the Bible that is important for your spiritual growth. The passage is from Galatians 5:16-26.
In this passage, Paul is emphasizing the importance of living by the Spirit. He reminds us that if we are led by the Spirit, we will not give in to the desires of the flesh. The desires of the flesh are the things that are against the Spirit of God. They include things such as:
- Excessive indulgence in sensual pleasure or behavior
- Sowing disagreement or conflict among people
- Sudden outbursts of anger or violence
- Division through violent words
- Engage in gangs and factions. Be a part of the Kingdom of God.
- Engaging in sexual activities outside of marriage
- Being impure or doing things that are morally wrong
- Idolizing things or people
- Practicing witchcraft
- Hating others
- Being envious
- Being selfish
- Engaging in excessive drinking or partying
These things might seem appealing or exciting in the moment, but they will not bring true happiness and can even lead to destructive consequences.
On the other hand, if we are led by the Spirit, we will produce the fruits of the Spirit. These include:
- Love: showing kindness and concern to others
- Joy: strength to be happy and content
- Peace: expressing calmness and being free from worry
- Patience: having the ability to wait
- Kindness: being helpful
- Goodness: doing what is right
- Faithfulness: being reliable
- Gentleness: being kind and understanding
- Self-control: being able to control your actions and emotions
As a believer, you are called to live by the Spirit, to be guided by His voice and to be obedient to His will. Keep in mind that the Spirit of God can help you to understand it better. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and trust in His power to work in your life, so that you can live according to the Spirit and produce the fruit of the Spirit. Give God the credit. Everything good about you and me, comes from the Lord, Jesus Christ.